Qt Components under 15.08

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Tue Sep 29 08:47:29 CEST 2015

Hello Marcus,

On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 09:50:38PM +0200, Marcus Nolte wrote:
> I have been playing around a bit with qt under 15.08 (linux) recently.
> One thing I noticed is that the testcases do not run properly anymore.
> I had to adjust my runscripts (and the qt testcases I tried) in a
> fashion such as the non-qt wm test in the gems repo.
> Can anyone confirm this or did I screw up something?

I expect your issue is related to

  https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/issues/1695

in our issue tracker. Could you confirm if the attached patch helps?

> Another thing I noticed is, that if I add a number of qt components
> (in addition to quite a number of "conventional" ones)
> I get exceptions thrown in lx_call() (/base-linux<https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/tree/master/repos/base-linux>/src/base/ipc/ipc.cc****).
> - This is non deterministic: everytime I run the config,
> I get another one of the "available" exceptions in the method. The
> number of components I can add until the execution of
> the config fails depends on the combination of compontens.
> Can anyone imagine why this is happening? Could this be memory related?

The error messages include the plain error-code value, which could be
matched to your errno.h. Maybe you break one of the file descriptor
limits of your Linux system. Please check your log or post some
snippets to the list.

Christian Helmuth