Genode 15.08 NOVA Demo Blank Screen

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Fri Sep 11 09:05:57 CEST 2015

Hi,

the build hints what you might be missing. Please see below.

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 02:36:31PM +0800, Thotheolh Tay wrote:
> wss at ...351... ~/Desktop/genode/builds/nova/01092015v1 $ make run/virtualbox
> > including /home/wss/Desktop/genode/tool/run/boot_dir/nova
> > including /home/wss/Desktop/genode/tool/run/power_on/qemu
> > including /home/wss/Desktop/genode/tool/run/log/qemu
> > including /home/wss/Desktop/genode/tool/run/image/iso
> > including /home/wss/Desktop/genode/repos/ports/run/virtualbox.run
> > building targets: core init virtualbox drivers/framebuffer drivers/timer
> > drivers/input drivers/rtc drivers/platform drivers/acpi server/report_rom
> > drivers/platform/x86/device_pd
> > spawn make core init virtualbox drivers/framebuffer drivers/timer
> > drivers/input drivers/rtc drivers/platform drivers/acpi server/report_rom
> > drivers/platform/x86/device_pd
> > make[1]: Entering directory
> > `/home/wss/Desktop/genode/builds/nova/01092015v1'
> > checking library dependencies...
> > Skip target drivers/framebuffer/exynos5 because it requires exynos5
> > Skip target drivers/framebuffer/imx53 because it requires imx53
> > Skip target drivers/framebuffer/omap4 because it requires omap4
> > Skip target drivers/framebuffer/pl11x/pbxa9 because it requires pl11x
> > platform_pbxa9
> > Skip target drivers/framebuffer/pl11x/vpb926 because it requires pl11x
> > platform_vpb926
> > Skip target drivers/framebuffer/rpi because it requires platform_rpi
> > Skip target drivers/framebuffer/sdl because it requires linux sdl
> > Skip target drivers/input/imx53 because it requires imx53
> > Skip target drivers/input/ps2/pl050 because it requires pl050
> > Skip target drivers/platform/arndale because it requires platform_arndale
> > Skip target drivers/platform/imx53 because it requires imx53
> > Skip target drivers/platform/odroid_x2 because it requires
> > platform_odroid_x2
> > Skip target drivers/platform/rpi because it requires platform_rpi
> > Skip target virtualbox because it requires installation_of_yasm installation_of_iasl

The build is skipping virtualbox because required tools (yasm and
iasl) are missing. I admit this is not easy to spot but at least
highlighted in yellow. Please install both tools, e.g. on
Debian/Ubuntu via

  aptitude install iasl yasm

> > cp: cannot stat ‘bin/virtualbox’: No such file or directory
> >     while executing

Here you can see that the integration fails because virtualbox was
skipped above.

Greets
--
Christian Helmuth