Genode 15.08 NOVA Demo Blank Screen

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Mon Sep 7 15:05:25 CEST 2015

Hello,

On 07.09.2015 08:05, Thotheolh Tay wrote:
> I decided to take a look around after managing to run the demo nitpicker
> via "make run/demo" and so now I did a cd into the
> "GENODE_DIR\repos\ports\run" folder and found some ".run" scripts
> inside. I changed them to 777 permission as I noticed the permissions do
> not allow execute somehow and did a "./virtualbox.run" to test out the
> script. It threw me a
>
> line 7: core: command not found
> line 8: drivers/framebuffer: No such file or directory
> line 9: drivers/timer: No such fole or directory
> line 10: syntax error near unexpected token '}'
> line 10: '}'
>
> Am I running it to correct manner ?

run scripts cannot be executed directly but are taken as input of the
so-called run tool when invoking 'make run/<run-script-name>' from
within the build directory. Please refer to Section "2.4. A simple
system scenario" and Section "5.4.1. Run tool" of the documentation [1]
to learn more about the underlying concept.

[1] http://genode.org/documentation/genode-foundations-15-05.pdf