Uboot creation script fails

Martin Stein martin.stein at ...1...
Mon Sep 7 13:19:24 CEST 2015

Hi Mark,

On 04.09.2015 14:23, Mark Albers wrote:
> i use Genode 15.05 with the corresponding toolchain. Now, i have a
> problem with the uboot creation script.

I don't think that this is the problem but you may try the latest
version 15.08 [1]. If you do so, please create a new build directory
with the updated 'create_builddir' to avoid inconsistencies.

> For example, when i build the hello-tutorial for hw_pbxa9 platform (in a
> fresh build directory), i get this error:
>
> make[1]: Verzeichnis »/home/mark/genode_git/build/hw_pbxa9« wird verlassen
> child process exited abnormally
>     while executing
> "exec [cross_dev_prefix]readelf -h $elf_img |  grep "Entry point
> address: " |  sed -e "s/.*Entry point address: *//""

This is strange. I've tested these commands manually and they work just
fine. Have you added the following to your '<BUILD_DIR>/etc/build.conf':

REPOSITORIES += $(GENODE_DIR)/repos/hello_tutorial

If yes, could you please send the output of the following:

/usr/local/genode-gcc/bin/genode-arm-readelf --version

> Without run option "include image/uboot" the build finished cleanly and
> image.elf was created correctly.

I'm a litte confused. The ARM PBXA9 board is merely used as a reference
design with Qemu and an Uboot image is not needed for booting in this
case. Thus, '--include image/uboot' doesn't make much sense and the
RUN_OPT of a freshly created build directory for hw_pbxa9 normally
doesn't contain this argument. However, even if I add it to my RUN_OPT,
'make run/hello' finishes and the corresponding Uboot image [2] gets
created.

Cheers,
Martin

[1] https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/releases/tag/15.08