Genode/NOVA+Multiple VMMs Seoul / VBox

Alexander Boettcher alexander.boettcher at ...1...
Thu Sep 3 11:40:52 CEST 2015

Hello,

On 01.09.2015 16:48, Roger Ferreira wrote:
> Dear Genode Community,
> I would like also to be able to control and see the VMs (enter the Guest-OS, start/stop the VM) from the Genode window as the screenshot shows.

> So at first I would like to stick with Seoul. In this case, being able to run multiple VMs (Seoul+TinyCore) from Genode/Nova.
> Which way shall I follow to create a run script that fullfils what I expect?
> Is there already any run script?

you may try the branch [0] , which contains a new run script in
repos/gems/run/seoul-wm-cli.run. The script creates a GUI scenario
(nitpicker + window manager) containing the cli_monitor applications
with which you can start/kill via a command-line-based launcher several
Seoul instances using the Tinycore VM. I added several drivers - like
usb, ps/2 and the nic driver and nic bridge, so that you should be able
to use the Browser in the VM - if your hardware is supported.

Just invoke the run script and copy the result via dd to your USB stick.
(Running in Qemu should also work but it is not sooo quick).

In the cli monitor application you just have to type

start seoul

Cheers,

Alex.

[0] https://github.com/alex-ab/genode/tree/seoul_wm_cli