running Virtualbox on Genode

Alexander Boettcher alexander.boettcher at ...1...
Tue Sep 1 12:03:50 CEST 2015

On 28.08.2015 13:44, Alexander Boettcher wrote:
>> The part that I am not sure are the "win7.vdi" and "overlay_win7.vdi"
>> files. How are they linked to the vbox_auto_win7.iso file ?
>> I have copied them onto the thumbdrive but is this correct ?

You may try the following branch
https://github.com/alex-ab/genode/commits/vbox_usb_run. There exists now
a run script called repos/ports/run/vbox_usb.run which helps you in
setting up a Virtualbox on Genode/NOVA running from USB stick and
fetching the Virtualbox image from the vary same USB stick. Please
follow the instruction as described in the run script.

Still, there a lot of manual steps to go - but it may help a bit.

Please keep in mind, depending on the read and write performance of your
USB controller and stick the overall experience may be not as good as
when used with a real hard disk.

Alex.