Turmvilla scenario

Alexander Boettcher alexander.boettcher at ...1...
Mon Oct 26 14:05:30 CET 2015

Hi Vincent,

On 26.10.2015 11:19, Vincent Digital wrote:
> disks for the rich Linux and Home to use "SATA" instead of "IDE" as stated
> in the vm_linux.vbox.  i could get the Linux OS to boot up now.

Nice!

> However, the Wi-Fi is still not working. I've tried to configure as per
> instructions on the wlan_configuration file but to no avail. I've looked
> into the /dev/log for diagnostic but no help as well. Any ideas ?

May you please provide us with all output of the wifi driver
(/shared/log). If you want, you can redirect all output of the wifi_drv
directly to the AMT serial by removing the line "<service name="LOG">
<child ...> </service>" within the wifi_drv start node in the genode
config file (/genode/genode/config in noux subsystem and reboot afterwards).

The other option is to just run the simple wifi.run script to debug
things. You may build it and copy the resulting iso via dd to a usb
stick and boot it. It could be that we just have to add missing
firmware_modules for you wifi card - however you would see corresponding
error messages from the wifi driver in this case.

Cheers,

Alex.