Client/Server Application, Noux and the rest

Josef Söntgen josef.soentgen at ...1...
Thu Oct 22 12:59:16 CEST 2015

Hello Jack,

* jack at ...358... <jack at ...358...> [2015-10-22 12:11:17 +0200]:
> I am facing a problem with the Server/Client Application.
> But first a short summary, what happend:
> With the help from Johannes I am able to use Genode on the ZedBoard.
> So the hello_tutorial is working fine and after that I am now trying to build my own Server/Client Application.
>
> […]
> init -> own_server -> own_server: undefined instruction at ip=3983cc
> init -> own_client -> own_client: undefined instruction at ip=3743cc
>
> My assumption on what is going wrong is the following:
> The server and the client needs to access the jitterentropy node at /dev/random and needs to write in the /tmp folder.
> […]

Our jitterentropy port on ARM depends on the performance counters. To
use them on base-hw/ARM you have to explicitly enable user space access
to the performance counters by setting 'SPECS += perf_counter' in your
<build>/etc/specs.conf file.

> I have no initramfs and linux kernel included which could provide the path to the folders.
> So how do I provide the server and client to access the file/folder?
> Can I use the server/ram_fs or should I use the Noux Runtime Environment?
> Or is it something else?

The easiest way would be to use the ram_fs component indeed.

Regards
Josef