Client/Server Application, Noux and the rest

jack at ...358... jack at ...358...
Thu Oct 22 12:11:17 CEST 2015

Hey Genodians,

I am facing a problem with the Server/Client Application.
But first a short summary, what happend:
With the help from Johannes I am able to use Genode on the ZedBoard.
So the hello_tutorial is working fine and after that I am now trying to build my own Server/Client Application.

Here is the output from the boot up:
kernel initialized
Genode 15.05
int main(): --- create local services ---
int main(): --- start init ---
int main(): transferred 502 MB to init
int main(): --- init created, waiting for exit condition ---
[init] parent provides
[init] service "ROM"
[init] service "RAM"
[init] service "IRQ"
[init] service "IO_MEM"
[init] service "CAP"
[init] service "PD"
[init] service "RM"
[init] service "CPU"
[init] service "LOG"
[init] service "SIGNAL"
[init] child "timer"
[init] RAM quota: 765952
[init] ELF binary: timer
[init] priority: 0
[init] provides service Timer
[init] child "own_server"
[init] RAM quota: 33271808
[init] ELF binary: own_server
[init] priority: 0
[init] provides service First_Service
[init] provides service Second_Service
[init] child "own_client"
[init] RAM quota: 16494592
[init] ELF binary: own_client
[init] priority: 0
[init] child "timer" announces service "Timer"
init -> own_server -> own_server: undefined instruction at ip=3983cc
init -> own_client -> own_client: undefined instruction at ip=3743cc

My assumption on what is going wrong is the following:
The server and the client needs to access the jitterentropy node at /dev/random and needs to write in the /tmp folder.
Here is the part of the run file:
set config {
<config verbose="yes">
<parent-provides>
<service name="ROM"/>
<service name="RAM"/>
<service name="IRQ"/>
<service name="IO_MEM"/>
<service name="CAP"/>
<service name="PD"/>
<service name="RM"/>
<service name="CPU"/>
<service name="LOG"/>
<service name="SIGNAL"/>
</parent-provides>
<default-route>
<any-service> <parent/> <any-child/> </any-service>
</default-route>

<start name="timer">
<resource name="RAM" quantum="1M"/>
</start>

<start name="own_server">
<resource name="RAM" quantum="32M"/>
<provides>
<service name="First_Service"/>
<service name="Second_Service"/>
</provides>
<config>
<libc>
<vfs>
<dir name="dev">
<jitterentropy name="random"/>
</dir>
<dir name="tmp">
<ram/>
</dir>
</vfs>
</libc>
</config>
</start>

<start name="own_client">
<resource name="RAM" quantum="16M"/>
<config>
<libc>
<vfs>
<dir name="dev">
<jitterentropy name="random"/>
</dir>
<dir name="tmp">
<ram/>
</dir>
</vfs>
</libc>
</config>
</start>
</config>}
I have no initramfs and linux kernel included which could provide the path to the folders.
So how do I provide the server and client to access the file/folder?
Can I use the server/ram_fs or should I use the Noux Runtime Environment?
Or is it something else?

Thank you in advance.
Jack