Noux

Josef Söntgen josef.soentgen at ...1...
Wed Oct 14 11:52:42 CEST 2015

Hello Kas,

* kas <kassatewodrose at ...9...> [2015-10-14 01:18:04 +0200]:
> Can we port and run a Linux program which includes Linux kernel header
> files such as linux/device.h using Noux runtime environment in Genode?
> Thank you in advance for your time.

You always can port a Linux program to Genode, even if it uses kernel
headers BUT (and this literally is a big but) you will probably end up
reimplementing the Linux kernel stuff the program requires. At best you
only have to provide the proper structure definitions yourself.

That being said, whether Noux *should* be used or not depends on the
program — Noux should be considered only if the program is used from
a shell interactively. Otherwise there is no immediate need for using
it.

Regards
Josef