Genode on Muen issues

Lonnie Cumberland lonnie at ...218...
Tue Oct 6 20:12:57 CEST 2015

Hi All,

Today, I am investigating the use of Genode on Muen as that sounds like a
very interesting project in the separations kernel arena.

With this in mind, I have started by looking at the:

genode/repos/base-hw/doc/x86_64_muen.txt

In that document, it says to start by getting the muen repository

git clone http://git.codelabs.ch/git/muen.git

I started that seem to have gotten most of the repository but the muen.git
calls for another git clone:

lonnie at ...355...:~$ git clone --recursive http://git.codelabs.ch/git/muen.git
Cloning into 'muen'...
Checking connectivity... done.
Submodule 'components/linux/src' (http://git.codelabs.ch/git/muen/linux.git)
registered for path 'components/linux/src'
Cloning into 'components/linux/src'...

this is where it seems to hang.

I am wondering if anyone else has run across this and, if so, then what was
your solution?

I want to play around with muen a bit, but would wonder if it might,
eventually be possible to get virtualbox/genode/muen working since from
what I have read on muen, that it still needs a bit of work to support
other VM's beyond the simple xv6 VM which apparently was modified to make
work (if I understand what was said in the
Auguse 29, 2013 muen-report pdf document.

Any ideas on this?

Kind Regards and have a great day,
Lonnie