AHCI Driver

Sebastian Sumpf Sebastian.Sumpf at ...1...
Mon Oct 5 10:55:06 CEST 2015

Hello Harm,

On 10/04/2015 09:20 PM, Harm de Vries wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> The error message ``Device does not support native command queuing:
> abort'' is written repeatedly to the log when I try to read from a SATA
> disk using the AHCI driver. Is this driver only meant to work with a
> SATA disk that supports native command queuing (the HBA supports it)?

Currently yes, if NCQ is not supported, 'dma_ext' instead of 'fpdma'
would have to be called.

> While looking at the code of the driver to determine the cause of the
> error I noticed that:
>
> 1. In ahci.cc en main.cc the word `available' has been misspelt as
> 'avaiable'.

Okay.

> 2. In ahci.h the bitfield that indicates support for native command
> queuing in the HBA seems to be misspelt as `Sncg'. There is also a
> function with the name `ncg' and this abbreviation is also used in the
> function `info'.

Okay, maybe I need glasses .)

> 3. The struct `Identity' in ahci.h describes the structure of the result
> of an ATA command. Is there a reason why this struct and the
> corresponding function `identify_device' are not in the file `ata_driver.h'?

There is no reason, the ATA commands should also be moved to this file.

Cheers,

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Sumpf