Noux application

Martin Stein martin.stein at ...1...
Fri Nov 20 11:21:52 CET 2015

Hey Joseph,

Am 19.11.2015 um 13:44 schrieb Joseph Lee:
> I just want to let only Genode to access the ESDHC and run tz_vmm
> successfully without generating data abort exception . Can i disable the
> ESDHC in the Linux kernel so that the Linux (unsecure side) can't
> request to access the ESDHC. Please let me know if it is possible and
> how i can do that.

You can do this by adapting the Linux config using a text editor
(editing .config or arch/arm/configs/YOUR_CONFIG) or tools like 'make
menuconfig'. For information on Linux configs in general or on how to
use related tools, please refer to the varied online documentation. For
information on what to adapt, you can have a look at the Linux commit I
posted in my last mail [2] as it consequently disables ESDHC too.

> Or is there something to do this in Genode configuration?

No. You might ignore the data aborts and simply continue VM execution
but I assume that this would lead to more or less critical errors in Linux.

Cheers,
Martin

[2]
https://github.com/m-stein/linux/commit/9418cc87ed26b6cd7c4ec66ba4bdc1f998cd5ccd