Cache lock-down on Pandaboard.

Daniel SobaƄski daniel.sobanski at ...9...
Wed Nov 4 16:41:45 CET 2015

Hi there,

Is there a way to lock L2 cache on Pandaboard ES with running Ubuntu there?
TRM says that it is possible, but I don't know it feasible on Pandaboard.

I've tried to compile kernel object and set there bits in Auxiliary Control
Register using cp15, but it's RO I suppose, because I cannot write there.
CPSR says I am in a Privilige mode, but i guess that's a non-secure
Privilige mode?

How to use that PL310 cache controller to do that? Do I need to use
TrustZone somehow? When compile SMC #1 instruction using asm volatile(...)
when compiling natively on Panda, when trying to taskset this Panda is not
responding.

Cheers,