Accessing two UARTs from within one application

Stark, Josef j.stark at ...256...
Tue May 26 13:50:15 CEST 2015

Hi all,

is it possible to use two UARTs at the same time from within one app?
We had a look at the example script and application
repos/os/run/uart.run and repos/os/src/test/uart
and tried several things, including:

- adding two lines in the config for the same process but with different UARTs:
				<policy label="test-uart1" uart="1"/>
				<policy label="test-uart1" uart="2"/>
- comma-separating UARTs (uart="1,2")
- adding a second uart-attribute (uart="1" uart="2")
- and many more.

- In the application, we simply added a second instance of
Uart::Connection and accessed it in the same way as the first.
(The Uart::Connection doesn't seem to offer any other constructor
than the default one, in which one could specify which UART to
access.)

but all of those attemptes either led to a build error or made the output appear
on only one UART.
Is there any way to access two UARTs in one application or
would we need a separate process for each one?

Thanks in advance,
Josef