Announcement: Genode OS Framework version 15.05 released

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Tue May 26 10:57:15 CEST 2015

I am happy to announce the version 15.05 of the Genode OS Framework,
which represents the most comprehensive release in our history. Its most
visible feature is a completely new written documentation in book form.
On the technical side, the highlights of the release are:

  - Comprehensive architectural documentation
  - Feature completion of the our custom kernel
    - Kernel-protected capabilities
    - Principal support for the 64-bit x86
    - Dynamic thread weights
  - Revised device-driver infrastructure
  - Device drivers
    - New AHCI driver
    - Multi-touch support
    - Audio drivers ported from OpenBSD
    - SD-card drivers for i.MX53 and Raspberry Pi
    - Board support for i.MX6-based Wandboard
  - Support for GPT partitions
  - Proof-of-concept support for the seL4 kernel
  - NOVA kernel mechanism for signals
  - Tool chain updated to GCC 4.9.2 and binutils 2.25

These and many more improvements are described in the release documentation:

  http://genode.org/documentation/release-notes/15.05

Best regards