ARM TrustZone Demo in i.MX53 SABRE Tablet

Tue May 5 12:07:51 CEST 2015

Hi,

On 04/30/2015 10:33 AM, JaeminPark wrote:
> Today, I got Freescale i.MX53 SABRE Tablet and I’d like to make demo as
> described “Shortcut” in README
> (https://github.com/skalk/genode/blob/i.MX53_tablet_demo/os/src/server/vmm/imx53/README).
>
> After boot-up the tablet, I failed to load image.bin into the device.
>
> It could be a ridiculous question, but please tell me which point I did
> wrong.
>
> My procedure was as follows :
>
> 1) Download image.bin from URL
> in https://github.com/skalk/genode/blob/i.MX53_tablet_demo/os/src/server/vmm/imx53/README
>
> 2) Setup sdcard as follows : (sdcard is mounted in /dev/sdb)
>     sudo parted /dev/sdb --script mklabel msdos
>     sudo parted /dev/sdb --script mkpart primary ext4 5M 100%
>     sudo dd if=$(U-BOOT-DIR)/u-boot.imx of=/dev/sdb seek=2 bs=512 conv=fsync
>     sudo fdisk -l /dev/sdb
>     sudo mkfs.ext4 /dev/sdb1
>     sudo udisks --mount /dev/sdb1
>     sudo cp image.bin /media/371a8dd7-58c1-4beb-aed3-cb18fb40f7eb/
>     sudo udisks –-unmount /dev/sdb1
>
> 3) insert sdcard into MMC adapter, and then insert MMC (sdcard) into the
> tablet
>
> 4) After power up the tablet, U-BOOT prompt (u-boot from MMC is not
> used), I did as follows :
>     MX53-SMD U-Boot > ext2load mmc 0:1 0x70800000 image.bin
>     (hang forever)
>
> So, I couldn’t load image.bin into the tablet, thus I couldn’t boot demo
> image in the tablet.
>
> If possible, (for the beginner in this field) please let me know full
> procedures to set up the MMC (sdcard) for this demo.

Well, I wonder whether you could boot anything from SD-card on your
tablet (e.g. an image provided by Freescale)? As your u-boot already
hangs when trying to read from MMC.
The things you should investigate: are you sure you interact with the
u-boot from the SD-Card, or maybe the one from the eMMC? You have to
toggle some switches on the board to boot from SD-card.
Next question would be whether mmc 0:1 really targets the SD-Card
instead of an eMMC partition? There are u-boot commands that can help
you, like 'mmcinfo' or something similar.

Regards
Stefan