SD card driver for Freescale i.MX6 in Genode

Madhu (Macaque Labs) madhu at ...275...
Fri Mar 20 16:40:23 CET 2015

Norman,
I had talked about this earlier. We really need an i.MX6 reference
platform. Both the Wandboard or
the saberlite are good choices. I prefer the saberlite since it is the
official FS ref design.
I think a lot of us have variants of base_hw running on i.MX6. And F.OC and
seL4 also support it.

We do have a ref. i.MX6 tablet (production quality) coming next month that
will end up
as an additional ref. platform for us since we can actually run a
virtualized android on it.
I think the vendor plans to sell for for 300 USD. It has HAB enabled so we
can have a truly secure platform.

When it becomes stable and generally available, I would like to see it
adopted as a ref. platform
since it will be a usable android tablet running on genode (albeit with
slightly poor battery life
courtesy the i.MX6 !). I also want to convince the vendor to upgrade the
display. But it is a nice
aluminium chassis so does not look to shoddy.

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 4:10 PM, Norman Feske <norman.feske at ...1...>
wrote:

> Hello Praveen,
>
> > We have developed a Genode device driver for USDHC card reader for
> > Freescale i.MX6 procesor.
> >
> > You may find the corresponding code in the repository,
> > https://github.com/srinivasprv/genode
> >
> > The specific driver code is available in usdhc directory of sd_card
> > directory.
>
> thank you for sharing your work with us! Your patch looks very nice.
> Coincidentally, we just added an SD-card driver for the i.MX53 platform
> last week. See the following commit referenced at the following issue:
>
>   https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/issues/1458
>
> Whereas the i.MX53 driver addresses the so-called ESDHC controller, your
> patch addresses the USDHC controller. Are both drivers complementary?
>
> On another note, the mainline Genode version does not officially support
> i.MX6 yet. So I am afraid that including your driver without prior
> enabling i.MX6 would not be very sensible. As a precondition, we should
> enable at least one i.MX6-based platform (e.g., Wandboard?). Otherwise,
> we would not able to add your driver to our regular test infrastructure.
> What do you think about how to go about it?
>
> Best regards
> Norman
>
> --
> Dr.-Ing. Norman Feske