Genode on iMX53 with TrustZone

Thu Mar 12 13:53:25 CET 2015

Hi,

On 03/12/2015 01:32 PM, Martin Stein wrote:
> Hi Jaemin,
>
> On 12.03.2015 12:54, JaeminPark wrote:
>> Hi, Martin.
>>
>> I used hw_imx53_tz build directory to build tz_vmm scenario.
>> However, I’m not sure whether I did the right thing regard of “u-boot”.
>>
>> I’m posting my etc/specs.conf as follows (only 2 lines):
>> /SPECS = genode hw_imx53_qsb_tz/
>> /SPECS += perf_counter/
>
> Thank you, that looks good.
>

>> I just performed the following procedure to build and install u-boot
>> to my sdcard posted
>> in https://tthtlc.wordpress.com/2015/02/21/getting-genode-with-trustzone-on-the-i-mx53-quick-start-board/.
>
> This article, despite giving a rough guide on what is needed, is
> unfortunately based on an old version of Genode and contains some
> significant misconceptions. Most substantial for you: The Uboot version
> it uses is tailored to 'tz_vmm' on the USB-Armory while the Linux
> version is tailored to 'tz_vmm' on the i.MX53-QSB.
>
> Even though Genode is still coming up, I suppose that Linux collides
> with the unexpectedly altered hardware initialization. The version I'm
> using says "U-Boot 2014.07-rc1-02695-g3ab9a12 (Jun 25 2014 - 13:17:24)".
> However, I can't tell which sources we used for building it (we simply
> google'd for it back then) but what is for sure is that we didn't
> patched the sources for 'tz_vmm'.

Just a short remark: we actually use a "vanilla u-boot" from the
mainline git.denx.de repositories, but we reverted one of their commits
because it makes trouble with gzip for several platforms. This tweak is
not related to any of the problems you have encountered, but I liked to
add this for honesty ;-).

To reproduce the u-boot loader we are using, I have uploaded it to github:

  https://github.com/skalk/u-boot/tree/imx53_loco

good luck!

regards stefan