Genode on iMX53 with TrustZone

Martin Stein martin.stein at ...1...
Thu Mar 12 13:32:43 CET 2015

Hi Jaemin,

On 12.03.2015 12:54, JaeminPark wrote:
> Hi, Martin.
>
> I used hw_imx53_tz build directory to build tz_vmm scenario.
> However, I’m not sure whether I did the right thing regard of “u-boot”.
>
> I’m posting my etc/specs.conf as follows (only 2 lines):
> /SPECS = genode hw_imx53_qsb_tz/
> /SPECS += perf_counter/

Thank you, that looks good.

> I just performed the following procedure to build and install u-boot
> to my sdcard posted
> in https://tthtlc.wordpress.com/2015/02/21/getting-genode-with-trustzone-on-the-i-mx53-quick-start-board/.

This article, despite giving a rough guide on what is needed, is
unfortunately based on an old version of Genode and contains some
significant misconceptions. Most substantial for you: The Uboot version
it uses is tailored to 'tz_vmm' on the USB-Armory while the Linux
version is tailored to 'tz_vmm' on the i.MX53-QSB.

Even though Genode is still coming up, I suppose that Linux collides
with the unexpectedly altered hardware initialization. The version I'm
using says "U-Boot 2014.07-rc1-02695-g3ab9a12 (Jun 25 2014 - 13:17:24)".
However, I can't tell which sources we used for building it (we simply
google'd for it back then) but what is for sure is that we didn't
patched the sources for 'tz_vmm'.

Cheers,
Martin