port samsung exynos5

Martin Stein martin.stein at ...1...
Thu Mar 12 11:11:04 CET 2015

Hi Waldo,

I'm a little bit confused. Didn't you had UART already working as stated
in your forelast mail? Are you sure that your current state still uses
the UART configuration you'd adapted to your platform? Maybe there is a
problem with your include paths? The '#include <drivers/board_base.h>'
in your 'base-hw/src/core/include/spec/cortex_a9/board_support.h' should
be resolved to 'base/include/platform/yse5250/drivers/board_base.h' to
ensure that 'base-hw/src/core/include/spec/exynos5/serial.h' uses the
correct enums.

You can check this by doing:

cd $BUILD_DIR
VERBOSE= make core | grep
"\-I$ABSOLUTE_GENODE_PATH/repos/base/include/platform/"

If this prints out a line that has 'arndale' or 'odroid_xu' after the
'include/platform/' there is something wrong in your
'base/mk/spec-platform_yse5250.mk' or you're using the wrong
'base/mk/spec-platform_*.mk' file. The latter is the case if there is a
bad include call in your 'base-hw/mk/spec-hw_yse5250.mk' or if you're
using the wrong 'base-hw/mk/spec-hw_*.mk' file which would be caused by
a wrong SPEC in your '$BUILD_DIR/etc/specs.conf'

Please let me know wether this solved your problems.

Cheers,
Martin