Turmvilla

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Tue Jun 2 14:31:35 CEST 2015

Hello,

hereby, I'd like to announce my ongoing activity to move my daily
computing routine from Linux to Genode. We kicked off this line of work
at our recent Hack'n'Hike, which took place as a magnificent location
called "Turmvilla" in Bad Muskau. Hence, the code name for the activity.

The transition will take many steps but we already succeeded with the
first one: I'm posting this message from a Genode-based system, more
specifically from a Linux VM running in VirtualBox on top of
Genode/NOVA, connected to a wireless network using our port of the Intel
wireless stack. Now we can take this as a starting point to move
individual computing tasks from the Linux world to the Genode world and
improve the user experience step by step.

My personal goal is to have a convenient and stable working environment
by the end of June (while still using the Linux VM for some things).

If you like to follow this activity, you may track the corresponding
issue at GitHub:

  https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/issues/1552

For those of you who are venturesome and like to join the ride, you can
find the instructions in the issue. For further assistance, leave a
comment at the issue tracker or reply to this email.