AHCI still not working

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Mon Jun 1 12:20:48 CEST 2015

Hello,

I'm not going to deepen this discussion further beyond some last
remarks below.

On Sun, May 31, 2015 at 06:53:24AM +0000, Nobody III wrote:
> My mindset has basically been that it when it could take me hours to
> find a solution that someone else already knows, it seems a little
> pointless. As for Git specifically, it seems like a tool with many
> advanced features, most of which I'll never use.

If you're interested in more help than just some comments on the
mailing list, I fear you have to master Git beyond just "git clone".
As Norman mentioned before we established an efficient work flow and
will stick to it.

> Also, I'm better at learning to use tools by seeing what commands do
> what (examples) rather than by reading lengthy documentation. I have
> spent far too much time reading documentation to find simple
> answers.

Then the following book may be of interest to you

  https://pragprog.com/book/pg_git/pragmatic-guide-to-git

It provides the reader with recipes for basic, common, and also
advanced tasks in her day-to-day work with Git.

> I think the people who don't like helping a lot of beginners don't
> understand that the documentation is often part of the problem. I
> learn best when given the big picture and organized documentation
> that I can use as a reference. I'm best at remembering things if I
> learn them to use them in the near future.

Any concrete tips or contributions to improve our documentation are
welcome. But please don't expect us to write "An introduction to Git"
as there already to many and most of 'em are rather bad.

Christian Helmuth