base-hw: Virtualbox thread priorities

Martin Stein martin.stein at ...1...
Fri Jul 10 15:44:12 CEST 2015

Hey Adrian,

On 10.07.2015 14:37, Adrian-Ken Rueegsegger wrote:
> Sorry for the inaccurate wording which I tried to clarify in the
> follow-up email. It works for me on QEMU but the cpu_quota run script
> does not complete if I run it on real hardware (Lenovo T430s). There I
> see that the results are logged and "done" messages appear but the
> analysis of the results is never performed so I do not see a "Test
> succeeded" nor "Test failed" message.

Ah ok. Have you propagated the serial output to the run tool somehow? If
not the script is not able to detect whether the test succeeded or even
when to start detection. The run tool comes with several methods that
can be used to achieve this but one can even add a new method to capture
the output. The existing methods are in tool/run/log and can be included
via --include log/<METHOD> in your <BUILDIR>/etc/build.conf. You must
also set the parameters of the chosen method in there. For example via
direct serial connection:

RUN_OPT += \
--include log/serial \
--log-serial-cmd 'picocom -b 115200 /dev/<SERIALDEV>'

Or via ethernet:

RUN_OPT += \
--include log/serial \
--log-serial-cmd 'socat -s - tcp:<HOST>:<PORT>' \
--log-serial-filter 'stdbuf -o0 tr "\200-\377" "."'

The filter in the second example is used because in this method
sometimes bad chars (\200...\377) get generated that could crash the
capture tool.

After configuring your build.conf accordingly, the script should stay
active, listening on the declared interface, detect the "done" messages
and then continue with the conclusion part.

Cheers,
Martin