"Core" thread doesn't become active in kernel initialization

Bob Stewart robjsstewart at ...196...
Fri Jul 3 15:43:29 CEST 2015

Martin,
     I believe this issue is really related to translation table entry
attributes. After I cleaned up some of my printf's I got the exception
Stefan suggested I include in the lock(0 method. The DFSR and IFSR both
indicate an MMU fault:

/Starting kernel ... //
////
//void init_kernel_mp(): Starting kernel-6 //
//SP 0x810893f8 //
//kernel initialized //
//void init_kernel_mp(): Starting kernel-7 //
//An exception was raised during kernel execution! //
//DFSR=0x5 IFSR=0x5 DFAR=0x1

/Previously, when bringing up the AM335x on Genode I found that there
were issues with that platform and the settings in
arm/short_short_translation_table.h. So, I'll first I'll go back through
the Tex, B, and C  attribute values and set them to exactly what the the
Arm_v7 spec says they should and see what happens.

This is a holiday weekend here, so I'll be slow getting back.

Bob

p.s. Just saw your reply to the previous message...   I'll go through
your 5 steps also.