Ring buffer overflow in fb_sdl

Tomasz Gajewski tomga at ...300...
Wed Jan 28 08:15:59 CET 2015

I was playing a little with demo on linux and I was able to crash fb_sdl
process. I could do it only after suspend/resume of linux host and I
understand that this process exists more for testing/development purpose
but I have more general question about this crash.

Crash was due to unhandled Ring_buffer::Overflow exception in:

  for (;;)
    input_session.submit(wait_for_event());

What is the proper way to handle such situations?

Should it block on submit call?

Should submit call be wrapped with try/catch and retried after some
time?

--
Tomasz Gajewski