incomplete uImage

Martin Stein martin.stein at ...1...
Mon Feb 23 13:21:35 CET 2015

Hi Peter,

First of all, you have a load address of 0x70010000 plus 7860047 Bytes
image size at a max so your loaded image might pollute memory up to
0x7097ef4f. Hence, an ext2load address of 0x70200000 might be to low. To
play it safe, you may change it to something like 0x71000000.

Next, by replacing the warning PWRN("unknown exception"); in
base-hw/src/core/kernel/thread.cc by:

PWRN("undefined instruction, thread %u (%s) in prog %u (%s), IP %lx SP
%lx", id(), label(), pd_id(), pd_label(), ip, sp);

You see which thread triggers the problem at which instruction pointer
and wether its stack pointer is valid. To receive more verbose
information about all threads, you can use _print_activity_table();
instead. It would be useful if you post the results.

Although I don't assume that this is the problem on your QSB board you
may check wether the board uses both RAM banks - 1 GiB at 0x70000000 and
1 GiB at 0xb0000000 - or only the former one.

Cheers,
Martin