tz_vmm demo on USB Armory

Martin Stein martin.stein at ...1...
Mon Dec 21 12:47:18 CET 2015

Hi John,

Am 19.12.2015 um 02:00 schrieb John David:
> I am trying to run Android in the normal world. Is it possible to run an
> Android OS without any modification?

At least, you would have to patch the Linux Kernel that your Android is
based on. I don't know whether the rest of Android needs patching too.
If you investigate this farther, it would be nice if you could keep me
informed about your progress!

> Where i can find patchs of the
> Linux kernel in the current demo?

As described in the article, there is a tutorial on how to build the
used Linux [1]. The tutorial references a git branch that contains the
mentioned patches [2].

> Is there a trustzone demo on USB
> Armory which runs Android in the normal world while Genode in secure
>  world?

No, and I don't know anybody who's currently working at such a demo.

> I couldn't even find an Android image for USB Armory. Appreciate
> if you could give me a hint on this.

I have not tried to build Android for the USB Armory yet and can't thus
give you any other advice but to contact the Inversepath staff regarding
this question.

Cheers,
Martin

[1]