[Fiasco.OC][Genode] Creating an unstripped image file

Sebastian Sumpf Sebastian.Sumpf at ...1...
Thu Dec 17 19:41:02 CET 2015

Hi Nourhan,

On 12/17/2015 06:27 PM, Nourhan Mohamed wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I was wondering if there was an option to create an unstripped image
> from my application over fiasco.oc kernel. I am starting to use Genode
> platform and was trying to follow the hello app tutorial defined in the
> Genode Operating System Framework 15.05 manual and trying to  run it
> using Qemu but need to enable the debug symbols to be able to debug why
> the app doesn't load successfully on Qemu using gdb.

All applications are unstripped by default, only in release mode
(non-default) they are stripped. I am not sure about the Fiasco kernel
itself though.

Just in case, try a 'objdump -h <binary name>' on your program, if the
output shows '.debug.*' sections, the binary is unstripped.

Regards,

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Sumpf