Noux port

Josef Söntgen josef.soentgen at ...1...
Wed Dec 2 09:00:23 CET 2015

Hello Harm,

* Harm de Vries <vries101 at ...9...> [2015-12-01 22:24:05 +0100]:
> While working on the port today I obtained an error that also occurs when I
> start the default noux_bash run script. For example, when you run the ls
> command inside the bash shell I obtain the following error:
>
> [init -> noux] Segmentation fault (signum=11), see Linux kernel log for
> details
>
> The error seems to occur in the constructor of the new child.

I am afraid you have hit a limitation of Noux on base-linux. It is not
possible to fork a process in Noux on this platform, i.e., you cannot
use bash or another program that spawns subprocesses.

So while porting you could either go bare-metal (testing your port
directly on your running Genode system) or you could use Qemu.

Regards Josef