Problems with building NetBSD rump filesystem

Vincent Digital vdigital3800 at ...9...
Fri Aug 28 11:48:29 CEST 2015

Hi,

I've found what is missing - I forgot to install the pre-requisite
"libSDL-dev" package. After installing with "sudo apt-get install
libSDL-dev".
All previous make issues are resolved.  Thanks everyone for your help.

I could now proceed to my next stage - basically to build a Genode system
with NOVA micro-kernel, running Virtualbox with a Windows 7 VM.
I have managed to make the "vbox_auto_win7.run" script - everything is made
successfully and the output is a "vbox_auto_win7.iso" file.
However, when I tried to use the "vbox_auto_win7.iso" file and put it onto
a USB thumdrive to run. The result is that after boot-up, it just hang.

The part that I am not sure are the "win7.vdi" and "overlay_win7.vdi"
files. How are they linked to the vbox_auto_win7.iso file ?
I have copied them onto the thumbdrive but is this correct ?

I have tried to understand the email exchange on
http://sourceforge.net/p/genode/mailman/message/33496592/ discussion
between Christian and Adrian.
Does anyone have a blueprint on how I can create a "win7.vdi" using an
existing Windows 7 DVD onto a "ext2" partition.
How is this "win7.vdi" file subsequently linked to the
"vbox_auto_win7.iso"  file .

Can anyone advise.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.