Problems with building NetBSD rump filesystem

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Thu Aug 27 16:44:57 CEST 2015

Hello Vincent,

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 06:41:04PM +0800, Vincent Digital wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 11:16 PM, Sebastian Sumpf <Sebastian.Sumpf at ...11....> wrote:
> > The rump tools will be executed on your host system, i.e. Linux
> > 3.19.0-25-generic x86_64, not within Genode, they are needed to compile
> > rump. Do you have the zlib package installed in your Linux distribution?
> >

> Yes, I have installed the zlib package via "sudo apt-get install zlibc".
> I have used "./tool/ports/prepare_port zlib" to prepare the zlib port as
> well.
> For the rump tools, are you referring to the "dde_rump" which I had
> prepared by using "./tool/ports/prepare_port dde_rump".
> Finally, I used the tool chain make to build up everything - "make
> server/rump_fs" or "make run/rump_ext2".
> Did I miss out anything ?

The zlib Debian package (or zlib1g on Ubuntu) is just the binary part,
i.e., the library already linked programs depend on. For building the
rump tools you also need the development package containing the C
header files used on compilation of the sources. On my Ubuntu, the
package is called zlib1g-dev, so you may try

  apt-get install zlib-dev   or
  aptitude install zlib-dev

on your Debian system.

Christian Helmuth