tg3 driver works.

Josef Söntgen josef.soentgen at ...1...
Tue Aug 4 12:53:41 CEST 2015

Hello Guido,

* Guido Witmond <guido at ...231...> [2015-08-03 21:57:20 +0200]:
> Last weekend I compiled Foc_x86_64 and tested it with the onboard
> ethernet cards of my server box.
>
> It worked! It worked just as good as the Intel e1000 driver. (Meaning,
> after a short while, all throughput ceased. :-( But that is eiter Foc or
> Lightttpd)

That is great news, indeed. Regarding lighttpd there is at least one
problem we know of (see issue #987 [1]). In general it seems to work
fine, however. We do not stress test lighty regularly though but do
use tools like ``ab'' [2] occasionally (I am afraid a cannot remember
the parameters we used). So, as a starting point, it might be a good
idea to narrow down the workload which triggers the faulting behaviour.

messages should already be printed to the serial console or rather to
the configured LOG service. You might need to configure it first to be
more verbose by editing its config file which is certainly described
in its documentation. There are also the usual DEBUG defines that can
be enabled at compile time (you would have to add them to
``repos/ports/src/app/lighttpd/target.inc''). IIRC lightly uses one
event loop to handle all events (bascially it will use select()).
Instrumenting this loop is probably the fastest way to determine if
lighty still “lives” even when it appears to be not reacting.

Regards
Josef

[1] https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/issues/987
[2] http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/programs/ab.html