AHCI not working on real hardware

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Thu Apr 30 07:21:51 CEST 2015

Hello,

On April 30, 2015 12:55:56 AM CEST, Nobody III <hungryninja101 at ...9...> wrote:
>By the way, I'm using acpi, and the driver says it supports my acpi
>table
>format.
[...]
>On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 10:51 PM, Nobody III <hungryninja101 at ...9...>
>wrote:
>
>> After further investigation, I found that the AHCI driver is stalling
>on
>> _irq_rec.wait_for_signal(); (ahci_device_base.h). This suggests that
>the
>> interrupt mechanism may be at fault. Where should I go from here?

That may be an issue we have from time to time, where the ACPI tables contain just plain wrong interrupt routing information. We investigated the issue and Linux too (when forced into non-MSI mode) stops working on our test hardware.

With Genode 15.05, we plan to release a reimplementation of AHCI driver by Sebastian Sumpf and also introduce a vast amount of changes in our I/O management infrastructure, which will also bring transparent use of MSI for capable devices on base-foc and base-nova. So please stay tuned until end of May.

Christian Helmuth
Genode Labs

http://www.genode-labs.com/ · http://genode.org/ · /ˈdʒiː.nəʊd/