Planning for Genode on Risc-V ?

S Madhu smadhu2048 at ...9...
Wed Sep 3 06:52:20 CEST 2014

Actually, the research group that I coordinate at IIT Madras is working on
both RISCV V and L4. Norman knows us well and so does Prof. Patterson. We
maintain the i.MX6 L4 port and are adding trustzone support to that
platform along with a virtualized version of android for secure phones.

We have our own PPC derived MMU and are trying to sync with the RISCV
supervisor ISA. We are also adding an enhanced version of  trustzone to our
RISCV variant. A good HW TCB is mandatory for a meaninful secure L4 port.

L4 is actually our primary OS target for secure applications and we have a
secure RISCV variant specifically targetted at L4. In general we anticipate
all our linux work also to be virtualized on top of L4.

If you need more details, drop me an email and I will fill you in.