Performance Counters on i.MX53

Mon Oct 20 11:41:41 CEST 2014

Hi,

On 10/20/2014 11:28 AM, David Goltzsche wrote:
> Hi list!
>
> I want to use performance Counters on the i.MX QSB for measuring the
> trustzone world switch. My setup is based on the tz_vmm runscript.
>
> In the non-secure (Linux) world, the performance counter works. However,
> Genode stops with the warning "undefined instruction". Both the MCR and
> MRC instruction seem to be undefined. I tested my own assembler lines as
> well as the perf_counter implementation in the base-hw kernel.
>
> So, how do I use the instructions mentionend above?

please provide a complete setup, as well as complete output of the
scenario that fails! For instance the statement "Genode stops with the
warning..." is not that precise for me. Do you read or write the
performance counter? Where do cou call the instruction in a user task,
in core, or the kernel?

It is much easier to reproduce your problem, if you can simply provide a
branch with your setup, and the complete log file.

Regards
Stefan