TPM, Haskell and RPC mapped through NOVA

Thomas Strobel ts468 at ...270...
Wed Nov 19 11:07:14 CET 2014

Hi Norman, Johannes and Nobody III,

thank you very much for your explanations, your interest and your feedback!

Also, thanks for the offer to support me with running Haskell programs
directly on Genode.

Considering the amount of work that would be needed, I think I don't
have the resources for that at the moment. I will stay with Xen as
hypervisor for now.

Out of interest, is there a way to merge Genode and Xen? Xen allows dom0
disaggregation where device drivers are packed with a server backend in
unprivileged, isolated VMs, which seems very similar to resource
multiplexers in Genode I think. QEMU is also separated into individual
VMs for each guest OS. The complexity of dom0 reduces at the same time,
so it seems as Xen would be moving towards a micro kernel approach as
well? A clear difference for me is that e.g. Genode allows a better
capability and resource management at the moment.

So in your opinion, where do you see clear differences between Genode
and the future Xen?

Would it be possible to bring the advantages of Genode over to Xen?

Would it be possible to run Xen enabled applications directly on the
Genode framework?

I'm just curious because I think that Xen has a lot of momentum in
industry at the moment, and I wonder whether Genode can benefit from that.

Best regards
Thomas