Debug over serial

Christian Prochaska christian.prochaska at ...1...
Tue Nov 11 14:14:07 CET 2014

Hello Ben,

On 11/10/2014 04:44 AM, Nobody III wrote:
> I have a serial cable and have connected two computers with it, but I
> haven't been able to figure out how to obtain Genode's boot output. I am
> currently using the fiasco kernel but I will probably later use fiasco.oc
> and possibly nova. I heard something about telling the kernel which port to
> use for the serial output. What do I need to do to look at Genode's boot
> output over serial?

personally, I'm using the 'picocom' program on Linux like this:

picocom -b 115200 /dev/ttyS0

If your serial cable is a USB-to-serial one, the device would probably
be /dev/ttyUSB0 instead. Depending on your Linux distribution it might
also be necessary to add your username to a group which allows access to
the serial device or to run the program as super user.

Christian