Genode doesn't see init when booting from grub2 on hard drive

Christian Menard christian.menard at ...104...
Fri Nov 7 12:47:03 CET 2014

Hi,

this seems to be solved by installing grub-legacy, but maybe this is also
interesting for others.

Booting from hard disk via Grub2 works fine for me. I wrote a small script that
generates Grub2 entries from the menu.lst file. It creates a file
$build/var/run/$name/40_custom that can be copied to /etc/grub.d/. I attached
the script and an example entry for the demo scenario to this mail. My script
is specific for Nova, but adoption should be easy.

All best
Chritsian