ATA support

Nobody III hungryninja101 at ...9...
Tue Nov 4 02:23:43 CET 2014

Would it be reasonable to add libATA to DDE_Linux? I would like to run
Genode on my computer and port various programs and libraries to Genode,
but I can't get the ATA (ATAPI) driver to detect my hard drive (or my CD
drive, for that matter). My computer's motherboard lacks AHCI support, and
I don't feel inclined to buy a new computer for Genode, since my computer
is good (has a quad-core processor and 4GB RAM) and is working just fine
and I don't have a lot of money. As it is, unless I can get support for my
hard drive, I'll probably have to drop Genode for about 4 years until I
upgrade.