ahci + network

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Tue Mar 11 14:25:30 CET 2014

Hello Vasily,

it seems you misunderstood Norman's remark regarding ACPI...

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 04:44:54PM +0400, Sartakov A. Vasily wrote:
> Hello.
>

> >> So, maybe I forget somethinetappg in configuration? Something related to IRQ..
> >
> > I think you are spot on! Your run script routes the IRQ session of the
> > AHCI driver to the ACPI server, which is correct. But for the NIC
> > driver, you are just using the default route, which means that its IRQ
> > session gets routed to the parent (core's IRQ service), which is wrong.
> > You might try adding a route to the NIC driver that routes its IRQ
> > session to the ACPI server as well.
> >
> > Why then, did the run script work w/o AHCI? Maybe because Qemu uses
> > different IRQs depending on the configurations with and without AHCI.
> >
> > Btw, are you planning to execute your run script on any platform w/o
> > ACPI support (such as OKL4 or Linux)? If not, you could greatly simplify
> > it by removing all the convoluted conditionals related to '[have_spec
> > acpi]'. This would make it a bit easier to see configuration mistakes.
>
> I have removed ACPI and use_tar.

Norman did not propose to remove ACPI support itself but the
conditionals controlling its inclusion. If you run Genode on Fiasco-OC
or NOVA you definitely need the acpi_drv and appropriate routes for
IRQ sessions.

Christian Helmuth