Toolchain out of date?

Guido Witmond guido at ...231...
Sun Mar 2 20:09:00 CET 2014

On 03/02/14 19:30, Paul Dufresne wrote:
> I have used those file this morning on Arch Linux and $make run/demo
> did work, except for the close button not responding.
> Are you sure your version of Linux is 64 bits, not 32?
> cat /proc/version should show.

Oops. I'm running a 32 bit Ubuntu, indeed.

However the same 64-bit toolchain refused to run on my 64 bit debian
with kernel 3.2.0-4.amd64. There I got the error

$ make run/demo
/bin/bash: /usr/local/genode-gcc/bin/genode-x86-g++: No such file or
directory

But that was in an LXC-container. Upon checking it was a 32 bit
container, refusing to run the 64 bit binaries. Lousy error message, though.

Thanks for the pointer!

Regards, Guido Witmond.