genode-i.mx6

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Thu Jun 12 09:44:47 CEST 2014

Hello,

> Starting kernel ...
>
> int main(): --- create local services ---
>
> int main(): --- start init ---
> int main(): transferred 1019int main(): --- init created, waiting for exit condition ---
> [init] Could not open file "ld.lib.so <http://ld.lib.so>"
> [init] nitpicker: no route to service "Framebuffer"
>
> [init -> nitpicker] C++ runtime: Genode::Parent::Service_denied
> [init -> nitpicker] void* abort(): abort called
> [init -> launchpad] Could not open file "ld.lib.so <http://ld.lib.so>"
>

> wheather is the expected output?

the output looks fine. It shows that the basic parts of Genode
(including core and the init process) are running. Now, just as
expected, the demo stops because there exist no device drivers for the
i.MX6 framebuffer and input devices, yet.

The next step would be the development of those drivers. For developing
the framebuffer driver, the i.MX53 framebuffer driver might be a good
starting point, or at least, it could serve as an inspiration. To test
the framebuffer driver individually, I recommend to use the
'frambuffer.run' script located in the 'os' repository.