Platform Initialization Problem

Tue Jul 29 15:13:35 CEST 2014

Hi,

On 07/28/2014 11:28 AM, chirag garg wrote:
> Hi stefan,
>
> Thanks a lot in Advance,
>
> We are trying to debug the " Failed to communicate Thread Event ". And we
> found that Platform is not getting Initialized, we are facing Problem in
> the Platform constructor located in file : base-hw/src/coe/platform.cc
>
> In the Platform () constructor
>
> Rom_module * rom_module = new (core_mem_alloc())
>             Rom_module(header->base, header->size, (const
> char*)header->name);
>
> is not getting executed(giving page fault) .  Do you know what could be the
> problem ?

Do you've inserted the right existent RAM regions within your
Platform::_ram_regions definitions? If you added incorrect RAM regions
the "core_mem_alloc()" allocator of core will insert invalid page table
entries in kernel/core's page table, and any access to the memory of the
new Rom_module (returned by core_mem_alloc()) will fault.

But it's just guessing. Again, it is up to you to investigate what exact
memory access is responsible for the fault.

Regards
Stefan