Problems with virtualbox after commit cdb7904

Christian Menard christian.menard at ...104...
Mon Jul 28 13:04:27 CEST 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to tun NOVA(64)+Genode+VMBox+Android on a System with Intel Core
i5-4302Y CPU. So far it worked fine, but I got trouble since commit cdb7904
"timer: nova specific version of the service". With this patch applied, Android
on VMBox is not booting up anymore. Instead I get messages like this:

[ 19.900000] INFO: rcu_preempt self-detected stall on CPU

I tried to reproduce the issue in QEMU, but there everything works fine. So the
issue seems to be related to my Hardware. In the logs everything looks fine, I
couldn't find any abnormalities.

Do you have any ideas on what might go wrong or where I should start
investigating? Unfortunately my debugging possibilities are limited, as I have
no serial connection.

Thanks
Christian