query regarding Qt4

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Tue Jan 21 09:18:42 CET 2014

Hello Harish,

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 09:44:42AM +0530, Harish Krish wrote:
>    I have developed a qt4 mailing application.Now i would like to port it
> on genode operating framework.I am unaware of how to proceed.any
> suggestions?

Depending on what libraries and runtime components beside Qt you need
for your application this project scales from an easy recompile to
porting several libraries including their transitive dependencies. The
first questions that I would ask myself are:

* Does the app work with Qt5? Genode still has Qt4 support but is
  migrating to Qt5, which means better future prospects.

* Which libraries does the app use for POP3/IMAP/SMTP/other protocols?

* Are there further dependencies to solve like used runtime tools for
  mail retrieval/sending?

After that step come back to the mailing list and ask specific
questions about problems you experienced. Please don't expect the
developers on the list to design a holistic solution for your project.

A last remark from me: Please stay on the list for discussing Genode
development. This way, you have a much broader audience that may find
a solution for your issues. Directly addressing specific developers
should be an exception (limited to invitation by the devs themselves).

Regards and happy hacking
--
Christian Helmuth