Announcement: Genode OS Framework version 14.02 released

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Fri Feb 28 15:40:03 CET 2014

Thanks Lonnie for your feedback!

> This is wonderful news about the latest Genode 14.02  with all of these
> great improvements.
>
> I saw the sources out at sourceforge, but was also wondering if there
> was a livecd or democd available so that I could explore some of these
> new things before having to go through the build process?

there is no live CD unfortunately. Most parts of the release are not
end-user-facing features but rather geared towards developers who build
systems with Genode. The best way to explore them is to try out the
various new run scripts cited in the release documentation, and to start
tinkering. :-)

Regarding the live system, there exists a topic at our issue tracker:

  https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/issues/1000

We are actively working on the various outstanding issues brought up in
the discussion but are hesitant to release a live system to a wider
audience with the remaining open points unresolved.

Best regards