USB Armory - an interesting platform for Genode

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Thu Dec 18 12:10:53 CET 2014

Hello,

I just was made aware of a crowd-funding campaign for an open hardware
platform called USB Armory, which would provide an intriguing playground
for Genode:

  https://www.crowdsupply.com/inverse-path/usb-armory

In short, USB Armory is an i.MX53-based computer in the form factor of a
USB stick. It is meant for security applications such as VPNs,
authentication tokens, and encrypted storage. It is based on the
FreeScale i.MX53 SoC, which it is well supported by Genode, i.e., Genode
can be used as secure-world OS besides Linux running in the normal world.

Personally, I find the project interesting because it strives to be an
100% open platform, which includes hardware, software, and firmware.
Hence, at Genode Labs, we already started investigating possible
Genode-based applications for it.

As of now, the campaign has reached about 55% of the funding goal. If
you are interested in such a platform, please consider joining in to
make it happen.