Help compiling Genode on hw_rpi

Christian Prochaska christian.prochaska at ...1...
Sat Aug 30 21:28:08 CEST 2014

Hello Reinier,

On 30.08.2014 20:59, Reinier Millo Sánchez wrote:
> Hi Christian
> I have activated this repos on my configuration
>
> GENODE_DIR    = /home/millo/Working/SistemaOperativo/Building/RaspberryPi/Genode
> BASE_DIR      = $(GENODE_DIR)/repos/base
> CONTRIB_DIR   = $(GENODE_DIR)/contrib
> MAKE += -j12
> REPOSITORIES += $(GENODE_DIR)/repos/base-hw
> REPOSITORIES += $(GENODE_DIR)/repos/base
> REPOSITORIES += $(GENODE_DIR)/repos/os
> REPOSITORIES += $(GENODE_DIR)/repos/demo
> REPOSITORIES += $(GENODE_DIR)/repos/dde_linux
>
> I have executed the command line to prepare dde_linux port
> ./tool/ports/prepare_port dde_linux
>
> After that only do a make run/demo an this is the output:
>
> using run script /home/millo/Working/SistemaOperativo/Building/RaspberryPi/Genode/repos/base-hw/run/env
> using run script /home/millo/Working/SistemaOperativo/Building/RaspberryPi/Genode/repos/os/run/demo.run
> spawn make core init drivers/timer server/nitpicker app/pointer app/status_bar server/liquid_framebuffer app/launchpad app/scout
> test/nitpicker server/nitlog drivers/framebuffer drivers/pci drivers/input server/report_rom drivers/usb drivers/platform
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/millo/Working/SistemaOperativo/Building/RaspberryPi/Genode/build/hw_rpi'
> checking library dependencies...
> Skip target drivers/framebuffer/exynos5 because it requires exynos5
> Skip target drivers/framebuffer/imx53 because it requires imx53
> Skip target drivers/framebuffer/omap4 because it requires omap4
> Skip target drivers/framebuffer/pl11x/pbxa9 because it requires pl11x platform_pbxa9
> Skip target drivers/framebuffer/pl11x/vea9x4 because it requires pl11x platform_vea9x4
> Skip target drivers/framebuffer/pl11x/vpb926 because it requires pl11x platform_vpb926
> Skip target drivers/framebuffer/sdl because it requires linux sdl
> Skip target drivers/input/imx53 because it requires imx53
> Skip target drivers/input/ps2/pl050 because it requires pl050
> Skip target drivers/input/ps2/x86 because it requires x86 ps2
> Skip target drivers/pci/device_pd because it requires nova
> Skip target drivers/pci/x86 because it requires x86
> Skip target drivers/platform/arndale because it requires platform_arndale
> Skip target drivers/platform/gta01 because it requires platform_gta01
> Skip target drivers/platform/imx53 because it requires imx53
> Library-description file libc-setjmp.mk is missing

the last line above indicates the problem. Perhaps it would have been better if the build process aborted at this point...

The USB driver needs the 'libc-setjmp' library, which resides in the 'libports' repository. If you activate this repository (and
prepare the libc), the USB driver should finally build, too.

Christian