MMU issues with AM335X and 14.05

Bob Stewart robjsstewart at ...196...
Tue Aug 19 21:48:03 CEST 2014

Martin,
     I've found the problem I created regarding the entrypoint thread.
The AM33XX has a set of control module registers and pin-muxing
registers which require privileged access. To allow these registers to
be accessed from user-land, I created two kernel calls to access them
and added them to the end of of the call list in kernel.h in
core/includes. That was a while ago. Now there appears to be a second
list in core_interface.h that extends that list. So, I clobbered the
first to calls in core_interface, one of which created a thread and
returned an id.

The fix to my exension of the kernel calls gets me through to init being
called and passed the available memory resources. I've an issue now that
I think I'll be able to find as config appears to trying to access a
valid memory location that has no translation table entry.

Thanks for your help.

         Bob